Sunday, May 17, 2009

Bad Blogger Bad!

So it has come to my attention that it has been forever and a day since my last post. Well, it has been quite some time and I know that everyone is on pins and needles awaiting to hear what the Gardner family has been up. I forewarn you it may be long so you have been warned ~ let's go:

1. Snickers the dog has become quite use to our family as have we with her. We all know now not to leave ANYTHING out that isn't bolted to the floor or she will eat it ~ from grill covers, grilling tools (thick plastic case included), outdoor CD players, Abita beer hats (Ed is still pretty ticked about that one). You name it and it is fair game in the world of Snickers:) Now, on the flip side she is truly and awesome dog! She absolutely loves us unconditionally as do we her. She tolerates pure torture from the kids and doesn't even bark at them, I can't say the same thing! So, we are all very thankful for our little destructive dog, we all call Snickers or El Dogo when she is on Ed's nerves which is less and less:)

2. The school days are slowly coming to an end. We have end of the year performances, parties and graduations. Stay tuned for updated pictures of the events to come this week. Yes I promise to actually post twice in one week, don't fall out of your chairs;) So with that said that school is coming to a close, PRAY FOR ME!!!! Oh my goodness it is going to be a long summer of the terrible twos coupled with potty training and sibling rivalry.... Seriously people get your prayer circles to add the Gardner clan to their list, we are gonna need it;) I am truly excited about a lot of pool time, zoo, park and anything else I can come up with but a bit nervous too so any suggestions are always welcome!! Also, any play dates that people may have ~ CALL ME:))))

3. We are preparing to go to Colorado for a week. Yes folks you heard me correctly ~ COLORADO, what else would the Gardner family be doing there but RIDING TRAINS!!! We are going to be riding the Combres and Toltec and the Durango-Silverton Train. This trip has been in the making for about a year now and William is so excited that he could just spit (well, he is). It is going to be interesting because after Ed and I went to NOLA for a weekend he decided (with a lot of persuasion from me) that driving with two kids would be a nightmare so we are flying! Can you imagine driving 27 hours with a two and four year old??? That is a panic attack waiting for me to have right there, I don't see how Ed's parents took four kids out west in a CADILLAC??? WOW, they are stronger people than I could ever imagine to be!!!! We are very excited about this trip, we are riding rails and doing a lot of hiking!! We just love being outside and there isn't a better place to do it than Colorado ~ I feel like I am a beer commercial now?

4. So, we bought a camper. Yep ~ we are officially the Griswald's!! Actually not even the Griswald's but Clark's cousins from Texas ~ even BETTER! My dear sweet Ed has ALWAYS wanted to camp with a camper and he swears this is gonna make for some great family time. I am actually kind of excited about it now that I have met our camper. Ed, Big Ed and William went to GA to pick it up and bring it back a week ago. Well, this thing is so big that ya gotta have a place to park it and we don't' have the room (and the conveyance of the subdivision doesn't look to kindly on RV"s in your driveway, not sure why??) so it is housed at Big Ed's house. I went on Friday to introduce myself to the butte and well, she is BIG ~ 32 feet of big I must say! It has every bell and whistle you can imagine and evidently it tows like a dream, I feel so country saying that!!! Anyway, it is going to fun and there will be tons of pictures of the COOL new places that we will all be going (Snickers included). So stay tuned....

Sorry for the long delay in a post but we have had a lot going on over here. Lots to do this week so I will update you all as the events happen. Thanks for hanging in there with us, we hope that we haven't bored ya too much with our happenings. Till next time, kisses from us to you and HAPPY TRAILS Y'ALL!!!!!

2 comments:

The Dyer Family said...

i can't wait to see pictures of this colorado adventure! that sounds like fun. i don't know which is harder - driving 27 hours with babies or negotiating the airport and flying with babies. both sound hard to me.
and i can't believe y'all got a camper. you'll have to do an auburn tailgate sometime!

Unknown said...

I am so proud of you!!! with the camper and all!! Good luck in CO and I can't wait to hear all about the adventure! lots of love~