Thursday, January 29, 2009

Fun filled Week

So, I am a bit ashamed to admit this but today was Grace's first REAL playdate with a group of children other than school. A group of women in our neighborhood have decided to get together while the big kids are in school with our little ones and let them play. Well, I don't think I have ever seen such a great group of kids playing together in my life. There was not one melt down, everyone had tea parties (boys and girls), no one cried it was pure enjoyment by all!! I had thought that my camera was in my bag but I had transferred it to another bag and it didn't make the trip. This will become a weekly occurrence so pictures will come shortly:)

On another note, this week has been a bit of an odd one with Ed in town but out of the house due to long work hours. We have not seen him so we have made time go by faster by staying EXTREMELY busy. We went to McDonalds for lunch yesterday and no other than RONALD McDONALD showed up in the flesh. Why on earth would they have a big scary clown as their mascot for kids, seriously??? We were having a FANTASTIC time on the indoor playground, both kids ate fairly well and no one had a meltdown until HE showed up. I am serious when I say that Grace climbed me like a tree and William wouldn't look at him. I was informed by William that he doesn't ever want to go back there because of that scary guy with the weird shoes. I mean how many times have you EVER seen Ronald McDonald at the restaurant when you have gone??? I don't blame my kids at all for freaking out, it made me feel a bit uneasy as well!

So, since William had a good day at school he gets to have a super duper reward tonight. His friend Liv is coming over for pizza in your pajamas dinner. He is so excited and so is Gracie because they both love their Livie and I get to have some adult conversation with Liv's mom Heidi which is always nice:) So, our week has been eventful and shows no sign of slowing down. One of these days I will remember to pack my camera in the correct bag and visually document some of these happenings... Till next time, we love you all and hope you are having a great week despite the cold!! Brrrrr.... We need Spring to hurry up and stay for good!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Remind me to never take Josie to that McDonalds.....As you can see, since Edwin is "asleep" on the couch...I am having a bit of down time.. We need to catch up!

Melissa said...

I am laughing so hard at the thought of creepy Ronald McDonald showing up! Only you, Alecia!