Monday, January 12, 2009

A Precious Moment with a Friend.


It has been about a month since William has been in school. He has gone absolutely stir crazy being home with me and not having something to do every minute of the day. The other day I was cooking breakfast for he and Gracie and he stood in the doorway with hands on his hips (that is a growing trend in our family, ie. our Christmas card) and said "Mom, you are not my teacher and you are not my Livie (his friend from school), when are you gonna let me go back to school?" Clear sign to me that he is officially tired of my beautiful face (do you hear the sarcasm in my voice?). Well, he has had a couple days here and there of fits of crying because he misses his Livie (she is the most precious little girl ever), we have told him that he will see her soon but that has not really comforted him much. All I have to say about this is God truly stepped in, we went to church yesterday and he thought she would be there (school is at our church) but she was not, we went to Target and Lowes after church, who did William run into????? LIVIE, in the flesh was at Lowes with her parents and they ran up to each other with the biggest smiles as if they were star crossed loves!!! Edwin said it was precious and they were both so excited to see each other that all they could do was laugh and smile, how precious is that??? My little boy is growing up, not that we are ready to marry him off or anything but we do approve of this young girl;)

So, today is the day ~ first day back to school after a LONG LONG LONG vacation! Hope to have a good report of good behavior and complete happiness after a fun day of learning,we will see!! I am off to get the kids and myself ready for the day! Oh, I have attached a sweet photo of his little friend while they build their gingerbread house....Have a wonderful Monday!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I think William is in love! He is looking at Livie like he loves her in the picture. That is SO cute!!!

The Dyer Family said...

we were stir crazy for school over the holidays, too, and we weren't home anywhere close to a month. i would have gone absolutely out of my mind, and so would jacks. i feel your pain!